This recipe for Tomato, Fetta and Coriander Omelette combines bold flavours for a dish that will tantalise the tastebuds and nourish the body.
- 10 minutes preparation
- 10 minutes cooking
- easy: difficulty
- 2 or more serves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 tablespoon roasted pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon crumbled reduced fat fetta
- 1 tablespoon diced semi dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Place eggs and water in a bowl and whisk with a fork until just blended. Heat margarine in a 20cm skillet. Add mushrooms and sauté for 1 minute. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Pour egg mixture into a hot pan, use a wooden spoon to pull edges away from side of pan and allow running mixture to reach hot pan. Omelette is cooked when egg mixture no longer runs freely.
- Combine filling ingredients, including mushrooms and spoon over half the omelette. Heat through and then slide onto serving plate. Serve immediately.
- Adjust portion sizes for the number of people being cooked for
- Fresh coriander can be found in the fruit and vegetable section of your supermarket.
- Experiment with other fillings to create your own omelettes.